Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I wanted to share a day in the life of Avery!

Here is the first video. It seems she's trying to figure out how to eat her fingers and the ball at the same time.




Here she is practicing raising and lowering her voice.


I realized while making this next video that it didn't feel very right to me to use the bubbles with Avery.  There was just something about her maybe not grasping the idea of the bubbles popping and disappearing like that. It seemed too confusing.  The other thing that bugged me was the ONE bubble that managed to make it too close to her face and when it popped, it startled her. I don't know if I am making too big of a deal, but I know it made me rethink how I chose to interact with her using bubbles. What do you think?



This last video is a long one, but I love it because it shows just how much she enjoys her play time!  She played, uninterrupted, for over 13 minutes! Towards the end you will notice a change in her vice, signaling to me she was done and needed me to interact with her.




I remember taking a video of her when she was just over a month old, letting her just be with herself. It was over 10 minutes, too! I will post it later. I love the idea that giving our children uninterrupted play build their concentration.  Check out this blog post from Janet
Lansbury about building focus and lengthening attention spans. 



No comments:

Post a Comment